Wednesday 5 November 2008

Well, that was fun. So close. I went into Pitch Up thinking it was an excercise, a learning experience. This was pitch practice, not the real thing.

Then it turned real.

Then it fell apart.

And now I'm left with a strange mix of disappointment and relief. And, just a bit of affirmation. Nothing yet has changed my view that if I just come up with a good enough story, and execute it well enough, it will be realised as a film. People will sit in the dark, or on their sofas, and get caught up into one of my stories.

And then, after the ups and downs of pitching and getting a nibble, there was last night's electoral euphoria. What a wonderful speech Obama made. So much hope, so much promise. I love the way he takes you back into history, makes you feel part of it, then turns and points to the future. I wonder who wrote it.

This next week, my main task will be to rewrite my 30 minute drama, based on the observational research I did in September. It's had a good rest. Time to work through the drafts.

2 comments:

potdoll said...

I wrote Obama's speech. Glad you liked it.

Andy Phillips said...

snirk!