Tuesday 9 September 2008

Happy With It

Had a read through the 20 minute assignment. As usual, I found lots to cut, but was basically happy with it. It's about a guy who goes to a beautiful cove to scatter his wife's ashes, but they're sealed in a tough plastic packet, and he tries all these stupid ways of getting it open. Might sound like I'm trying to be funny, but it's pathos, really. Maybe a little sad-funny in places.

So, after an hour or so's reading and chopping, I had a tinkle at the piano, to express a little writer's joy. With a sad song, of course.

I had a go at Ben Harper's Walk Away, which sort of expresses the emotion I was after with the story, especially the lines,

'They say, time will make this go away,
But it's time that's taken my tomorrows
And turned them into yesterdays...'

1 comment:

Paula said...

Cool. I'm out of the novel mood and am working on some short stories. Yay for your new blog -- I'll link ya!