Monday 29 September 2008

Tutorial 2

Had the tutorial tonight, on my second assignment. I've got a stinking cold, feels like it's clogging up my brain as well as nose, but the tutorial went well in spite of that.

The tutor asked me what the point of it was. Hmm, good question. I told her I was trying to write a contemporary story that had the feel of a dark folk ballad, of the sort that might have been sung here in the olden days. She liked that, and asked some questions about the characters and their arcs, etc. The conversation soon homed in on a problem area, namely the father character, and how to make sure he was believable. Then something really cool happened. As I was talking it through, I hit on something that worked, just like that. Just said it, and she's like, 'That's it. Try that.' Now I've got everything but the very, very ending. I know what's going to happen, but not how, exactly. My tutor suggested I work through some more outlines and see what happens.

Need to do the Unit One rewrite by October 15th, but will put it off for a week. Work on this one while it's hot.

No comments: