Sunday 12 October 2008

I really, really, really want...

I'm yearning to have a digital video camera. I can afford a cheapie off ebay no problem. But I want a professional one, a Sony, or Canon, one that looks impressive. It's a long, long time since I've wanted a thing like I want a camera now.

I need it. I need a camera. I need to start making films. IWANNACAMCORDER.

But I can't have it.

Do I:

a. practise self-denial, and continue to live without a digital camcorder
b. get a cheapie, and start making cheap-looking films
c. spend money I haven't got and get A REALLY COOL CAMERA LIKE WHAT i WANT
d. find a clever angle, and obtain what I want through other means
e. other


I'm leaning towards b, which will give partial satisfaction now. What's the cheapest one that would be okay for like posting stuff on YouTube?

4 comments:

Near by said...

I don't know Andy
But why not go for what you want anyway rather than compromise. Find a way.

Andy Phillips said...

I'm thinking of it more as a first step than a compromise. Something to learn the very, very basics on.

potdoll said...

I've got the same dilemma. And no money.

Is there someone you can lend a camera off for starters?

Andy Phillips said...

Probably. But I'm thinking I can afford a couple hundred without any actual pain. Keeping an eye on ebay, and reading all the websites.

Let me know how you get on.