Wednesday 15 October 2008

Tired

Funny how taking a couple days off writing sucked me into a cosmic timewarp. One minute, I was enjoying some well-earned rest. I watched a bit of telly. I went shopping. I longed for a camcorder. I read Obama's book. (Yay Barack! If there's a more reasonable man on this planet, I'd like to know about him.) Next thing I know, I rematerialise in a universe where I have to finish a final draft within hours. Harsh, and unfair.

So I did it, and have just emailed it, with 12 hours and four minutes to spare.

Funny thing about writing late at night. You can give the whole script one more pass. You can improve lines and put some fine touches on the ending. But can you manage to save the right file as a .pdf onto the usb disk and take it to the other computer to email it, or realise your mistake and correct it without swearing?

No you can't. You get it wrong, and you say all the really bad swear words.

No comments: