Thursday 2 October 2008

Pages

Step outline's working a treat. Got up to page seven, not bad for a late night stint. The first big turning point looks like it will fall around 9 or 10, about right for 30 minutes. Not that I'm trying to write by the numbers, but you have to keep a little eye on them when you've been given a page-count.

So what do you tell yourself when you're tired, and the sofa's whispering sweet nothings? How do you get yourself going? Sometimes I pretend I'm setting the laptop up for no particular reason, then just randomly sitting down at it. Sort of gently sucker myself into writing something.

2 comments:

potdoll said...

Yay! Love the new blog name Andy!


I say I'm going to write one scene or one paragraph. Then I usually end up writing more.

Andy Phillips said...

Sometimes I give myself the mountain-climber speech. Mountain-tops are inhospitable, cold unpleasant places to go. You have to actually like the climb.

Erm. I forget why that works.